When to register for Excise Tax in the UAE?
The Registration for Excise Tax in the UAE has started from 17th September 2017. All Taxable entities are entitled to register for Excise tax through the FTA’s online portal. The Excise Tax Federal Decree-Law No. (7) of 2017 in the UAE shall be effective from 1st October 2017. Hence the registration has to be done on or before 30th September 2017.
Which are the goods subject to the Excise Tax in the UAE?
Who should register for Excise Tax in the UAE?
The below-mentioned groups will now have to register for Excise Tax in the UAE
- Producers of Excise goods.
- Importers of Excise goods.
- Stockpilers of Excise goods.
- Warehouse keepers responsible for excise goods.
What are the information and documents to be given while registering for Excise Tax?
An applicant while registering for Excise Tax should provide following:
- Details of the applicant (name / legal type / other legal details)
- Contact Details
- Banking information
- Business Activity & related information
- Customs Registration details
Businesses are required to have the legal documents relating to the Entity.
- Trade License
- Certificate of Incorporation (if you have)
- Articles of Association
- Partnership Agreement
- Document of Ownership
- Emirates ID etc
- Customs Registration Document or Customs Number
- Power of Attorney if applicable
How can we support you?
MNM Group Services are the TAX Experts providing VAT Consultancy, VAT Advisory and VAT Implementation Services in the UAE. We do support and guide the business community to register for Excise Tax in the UAE as well as advisory service on the compliance of UAE Excise Law.